The imposing and impressive Huayna Potosi is Bolivia's most frequented mountain and resembles an ice pyramid. Some have described this mountain as the easiest 6,000 meter peak in the Bolivian Mountains. The "easy" has more to do with ease of access more than it's high-altitude climbing challenge. The drive takes less than two hours to reach basecamp from La Paz. It features glacier travel, 40 degrees climbing, and exposed ridges all at nearly 6,100 m. Below you during the climb, are panoramic views of the Altiplano, Lake Titicaca, and the expanse of steely cumulus spackle smeared over the Amazon basin. It's a great warm up for Illimani or Sajama!.
- The most accesible 6,000 m.
- Beautiful views over Lake Titikaka, Amazon basin and Cordillera Real.
- Plenty of photo opportunities.
- Ideal for beginners and climbers who want to climb something higher afterwards.
- Transportation. Bolivian Journeys has a private driver to provide in country transport, thus ensuring our safety and facilitating an independent schedule that does not depend on public transportation.
- Food. We eat high quality meals using fresh local ingredients.
- All group climbing gear.
- Professional mountain guide.
- Meals except while climbing.
- Park fee .
- Gratuities to guides and staff.
- Rescue or medical expenses that may occur during the trip.